[TriLUG] New system configuration thoughts

Kevin Flanagan flanagannc at gmail.com
Thu May 3 22:01:54 EDT 2007

Many of the initial deliveries of SAS didn't come in 15K RPMs, they are now,
but being that most of them are 2.5" platters the the seek times can be a
little bit better.  Raw rotational speed isn't nearly the only
consideration.  Smaller platters help, fast disks help, as well as the
number of disks.  The transfer speed is seldom the bottleneck in SATA or
SCSI (Serial or Parallel) implementations, getting the data off of the disks
usually is.

Kevin