[TriLUG] question for the VoIP masters..

Shawn William Taylor STaylor at torexretailna.com
Mon May 7 15:13:35 EDT 2007

Greg, two things.

First, that AXIS camera may have a break point file generation mechanism
where instead of being a live stream it records segments of time that you
can play back and hear the audio on.
(That only works if the need is not real time of course)

Second check out x10.com and see if some of the home automation stuff
there will meet your needs.

HTH

Shawn

Greg wrote:

All:

I have a client at the outer banks who would like to monitor audio at the
front check-in desk of her hospitality business.  Currently we have an
Axis
207 camera with one-way audio and it works IF and only if you are
physically
tied into the network via an ethernet cable.  It isn't possible to isolate
the audio from the video streams so listening to audio won't work over the
extended wi-fi network.

I'd like to put a one-way voip microphone of sorts (and I would prefer it
be rather stealthy) down there.  Does such a thing exist?  I can get it
wired into the network without a problem and hopefully I could power it
that
way as well.  Does anyone know of such a beast?