[TriLUG] Free Linux PC (FLPC)

Warren Myers volcimaster at gmail.com
Mon May 7 18:32:08 EDT 2007

what do you want on the CD? Might it be worth customizing the Knoppix DVD
and using that as your distro of choice?

I've done some customizing work on Knoppix in the past (for my previous
employer) to replace carrying cases of laptops out to do lab classes (just
take a CD wallet).

WMM

On 5/7/07, Kevin Jones <mrkevinj at yahoo.com> wrote:

> We are starting a FLPC event in the Upstate SC area and I'm wondering if
> any folks in the TriState area have tried something similar. If so, any
> suggestions and experiences would be welcome. We are getting donated
> equipment from local businesses (mostly folks on the list at this point) and
> putting a distro (still determining the best option-s) on them for low
> income kids. We are looking everywhere online to find free content that we
> can put on a cd for distribution as well.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Kevin

http://warrenmyers.com
"God may not play dice with the universe, but something strange is going on
with the prime numbers." --Paul Erdős
"It's not possible. We are the type of people who have everything in our
favor going against us." --Ben Jarhvi, Short Circuit 2