[TriLUG] rusty perl question

Warren Myers volcimaster at gmail.com
Wed May 9 12:06:38 EDT 2007

right
/me hangs head in shame for missing the subject line

WMM

On 5/9/07, William Sutton <william at trilug.org> wrote:

> ehm...the subject line said perl, so that's what I'd guess the language
> is, but I could be completely off base...
>
> --
> William Sutton
>

> On Wed, 9 May 2007, Warren Myers wrote:
>
> > in which langauge?
> >
> > in php (my preferred) it's pretty straightforward
> >    if("==============" == $line){
> >       do_something();
> >    }
> >

> > WMM
> >
> > On 5/9/07, Greg Brown <gwbrown1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > I'd like to match this line as a trigger:
> > >
> > > ==============
> > >
> > > that is all that is on the line.
> > >
> > > I'm so rusty even this basic pattern match is thwarting me.  I'm
> > > embarrased
> > > to ask but what is the syntax for:
> > >
> > > if $line equals that line I listed above {
> > >
> > >                do this and that;
> > >
> > > }
> > >
> > > :(
> > > --

http://warrenmyers.com
"God may not play dice with the universe, but something strange is going on
with the prime numbers." --Paul Erdős
"It's not possible. We are the type of people who have everything in our
favor going against us." --Ben Jarhvi, Short Circuit 2