[TriLUG] TriLUG IMAP Server problems (was Re: missing email)

Tanner Lovelace clubjuggler at gmail.com
Wed May 9 13:55:14 EDT 2007

In case anyone else missed it.  The TriLUG IMAP server had some
disk problems and had to be moved over to a different server.  In
moving over the IMAP server, the user accounts and mailboxes
were preserved (as were all the sieve scripts), but any other settings
you had like subscribed folders or possibly even whether or not
you had already read a message were reset.

No mail that was already stored in your imap account was lost.

In this case, you most likely had thunderbird set up to only show
subscribed folders.  Personally, on the trilug server, I disable that
since I don't see the point, but if you use it, make sure you go and
subscribe to all the folders you want to see.

Finally, I would just like to point everyone who has problems with
the TriLUG services to this web page:

It's an article called "How to Report Bugs Effectively".  If I had not
talked to Brett in irc about this problem, there would be absolutely
no way to diagnose it from the description given.  I would urge
everyone that if you're going to report a problem, go read that
article first!  It will help speed up solution of the problem, and that's
really something you want, trust me.

Cheers,
Tanner