[TriLUG] TriLUG IMAP Server problems (was Re: missing email)

Tanner Lovelace clubjuggler at gmail.com
Thu May 10 22:33:30 EDT 2007

On 5/10/07, Rob Lockhart <rlockhar at trilug.org> wrote:
> Tanner, thanks for the information.  Can you confirm that no mail was
> lost?  Mine appears to be lost.  I had lots of folders too, and I am using
> webmail and see the same thing as Thunderbird now.

They are NOT lost.  I am looking directly at your underlying store
and ALL the messages and folder are there.  They are NOT lost.

> Now the question also becomes, if the old emails and folders are restored,
> is it also possible to merge the two without duplicates?  Even if not,
> there's a cool plugin for Thunderbird that can delete dupes.

There is nothing to restore.  Most likely you need to either
tell thunderbird to show all folders and not just subscribed ones
or resubscribe to the folders.  If you're using the trilug webmail,
click the plus sign next to INBOX on the left.  You shouldn't
have any duplicates at all.

Tanner

--
Tanner Lovelace