[TriLUG] ATI projector hell

Andrew C. Oliver acoliver at buni.org
Fri May 11 13:18:27 EDT 2007

Feisty originally turned my laptop into a console only box when it tried
to install w/o the proprietary.  It seems as if the open source drivers
don't support my X1600 Radeon Mobility.  On edgy I only got the
projector to work with the proprietary drivers.  I'm not opposed to
using the open source drivers...if they would work for what I want
(projector work, LCD work).  Just so far they have not shown that
ability or I have not shown the ability to make them do so.