[TriLUG] JOB? - create customized distro

Cristóbal Palmer cristobalpalmer at gmail.com
Fri May 11 15:54:15 EDT 2007

Just to follow up on this a bit, rBuilder
(http://www.rpath.com/rbuilder/) is a tool for doing _exactly_ what
you want. If you're not worried about other people seeing the distro
you create and the licenses are clear on everything you want to
include, you can do it for free on the website given above. If you
want it hidden from public view or want to do it at your own site,
you'll have to give the rPath people a call.

When smithj in #trilug made a distro for me, he did it in under 20
minutes. The "cooking" of the .iso files for the installable version
and the liveCD took a few more minutes, but the whole process of
making the distro was still faster than the install process for
several popular distros I could think of.

Cheers,
CMP

On 5/11/07, William Sutton <william at trilug.org> wrote:
> You might want to talk to the folks at rpath.  Last night one of the rpath
> guys on #trilug was talking with Cristobal Palmer about a livecd LSR Linux
> distribution he'd created for Cristobal.
>
> --
> William Sutton
>

> On Fri, 11 May 2007, Christopher L Merrill wrote:
>
> > We have a potential project that would require creation of a linux distro
> > customized for our product.  It would need to be a slimmed-down knoppix-like
> > distro -- i.e. very good at running on most any hardware and booting/running
> > off a CD.
> >
> > If you have experience with such things and are interested in a part-time
> > opportunity to get paid for doing it, please contact me off-list for more
> > details.  Likewise, if you know anybody who is not on this list that might
> > be interested, please feel free to forward my contact info to them.
> >
> > TIA,
> > Chris

Cristóbal M. Palmer
administrator!!! please hope me!