[TriLUG] JOB? - create customized distro

Christopher L Merrill chris at webperformance.com
Fri May 11 16:00:10 EDT 2007

Thanks!  That's good info.  Do you know if the rPath solution is
dependent on the software that we want to run being available as a linux
package?  We use an executable installer for our software, so it's not
"packaged" in the linux sense.

Chris

Cristóbal Palmer wrote:
> Just to follow up on this a bit, rBuilder
> (http://www.rpath.com/rbuilder/) is a tool for doing _exactly_ what
> you want. If you're not worried about other people seeing the distro
> you create and the licenses are clear on everything you want to
> include, you can do it for free on the website given above. If you
> want it hidden from public view or want to do it at your own site,
> you'll have to give the rPath people a call.
>
> When smithj in #trilug made a distro for me, he did it in under 20
> minutes. The "cooking" of the .iso files for the installable version
> and the liveCD took a few more minutes, but the whole process of
> making the distro was still faster than the install process for
> several popular distros I could think of.

chris at webperformance.com                |  http://webperformance.com
919-433-1762                            |  919-845-7601

Website Load Testing and Stress Testing Software & Services