[TriLUG] Triangle Open Source Lab meeting 5/24 from 7 PM until 9 PM - RSVP

Matt Frye mattfrye at gmail.com
Wed May 16 15:00:56 EDT 2007

On 5/16/07, Magnus <magnus at trilug.org> wrote:
> Being a general member doesn't necessarily preclude you from doing
> anything.  But the Steering Committee is able to empower you...

> There is precedent in the LUG for general members stepping up to the
> plate and running with ideas.

Well said, and I encourage everyone to take an active role in setting
up sub-committees, etc.  Contrary to what some may believe, these
sorts of activities do not require approval from the steering
committee.  In fact, it can be argued that Jim's Triangle Open Source
Lab actually began as a TriLUG RHCE study group.

In any case, I'm open to any suggestions or concerns.  If anyone has
an idea that just needs a PR push, let me know.

Re classes, installfests, hackfest, etc, if you (the membership) want
it, I will help.  I will even try to provide a space.  Again, just let
me know.

Matt Frye
Chairman, SC