[TriLUG] Triangle Open Source Lab meeting 5/24 from 7 PM until 9 PM - RSVP

Tim Jowers timjowers at gmail.com
Wed May 16 15:20:38 EDT 2007

   I'm not sure what all OpenSource apps are pre-loaded on BSD distros but
the point is Linux or BSD is only a fraction of the whole of OpenSource. An
exponentially decreasing fraction.

Of course if Microsoft's Is-Not Operator patent is enforced then that world
will shrink considerably! ;-)

Tim
P.S> I suspect old Gatesy is going to get his fat fried if he tries the
lawsuit tactic. Many of the Microsoft patents show, in my professional
opinion, willful manipulation of the USPTO's patent process and are ripe for
a very rewarding lawsuit I suspect. Double click, over-writing a file,
creating an archive, etc. These *might* have been arguable if they were
granted in 1950 but no way post 2000. I'd also be VERY keen to know the
average time the USPTO takes to review a MSFT patent application. The only
patent I ever submitted took 5.5 years to be reviewed and that only after I
started a regular calling campaign!