[TriLUG] curse you fiesty! ;)

jason at monsterjam.org jason at monsterjam.org
Wed May 16 21:57:51 EDT 2007

ok, fresh install of ubuntu fiesty (server edition) and Im using the following mysql
packages:

 ii  mysql-client-5.0             5.0.38-0ubuntu1                        mysql database
client binaries
ii  mysql-common                 5.0.38-0ubuntu1                        mysql database
common files (e.g. /etc/mysql
ii  mysql-server                 5.0.38-0ubuntu1                        mysql database
server (meta package dependin
ii  mysql-server-5.0             5.0.38-0ubuntu1                        mysql database
server binaries

anyway,  I try to run mysqladmin and it barfs!
root at ubuntu:/usr/share/doc/horde3/examples/scripts/sql# mysqladmin
mysqladmin  Ver 8.41 Distrib 5.0.38, for pc-linux-gnu on i486
Copyright (C) 2000-2006 MySQL AB
This software comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY. This is free software,
and you are welcome to modify and redistribute it under the GPL license

Administration program for the mysqld daemon.
Usage: mysqladmin [OPTIONS] command command....
  -c, --count=#       Number of iterations to make. This works with -i
                      (--sleep) only.
Bus error
root at ubuntu:/usr/share/doc/horde3/examples/scripts/sql#

I did some googlin and saw people that had this same error, but it was on sparc platform.

any suggestions before I start whacking the binaries and install from source?
sheesh, why doesnt ubuntu have portage anyway.. ;)

Jason