[TriLUG] [OT] TriLUGger on the news

David McDowell turnpike420 at gmail.com
Fri May 18 09:37:52 EDT 2007

yup!  I sure do.  so for those curious about it, read on, if not, delete!  :)

It is the all wheel drive (AWD) model and I get 27-31 depending on if
I take a road trip or if it is really cold outside.  Cold weather and
highway driving reduce the MPG.  Cold affects the charge the battery
can hold and highway keeps the gas motor on all the time (anything
above 40 MPH actually).

On average I fill up 13.1 gallons and go 375 miles, which is 28.6,
which happens to be the estimated MPG for the life of my vehicle so
far too according to the car's computer!!  :D  (the 2WD model gets
29-34 btw)

http://www.turnpike420.net/gallery2/v/Misc/2005EscapeHybrid/

laters,
David

PS:  The fight to keep tolls off 540 is not over.  The NC Legislature
must find the GAP funds, something like $200 million in the upcoming
budget approval (July 1st I think).  Write your House Rep and write
your Senator, let them know how you feel about building 540 w/ tolling
facilties.  No Tolls on 540!  http://www.notollson540.org