[TriLUG] [OT] TriLUGger on the news

Andrew C. Oliver acoliver at buni.org
Sat May 19 16:06:23 EDT 2007

> I do commend David for his decision to purchase a hybrid vehicle, but I
> think efforts would be better spent improving and then using public
> transit in the area.  Less cars on the road is a better situation all
> around.  Of course, I think we've sufficiently pounded that deceased
> equine here before.

I absolutely agree.  If 540 not being built was an option and a rail
instead, that would be awesome.  If not, I support measures that
dissuade people from driving single occupant vehicles that get below
20mpg and encouraging measures to drive vehicles that get 40mpg or
better.  Though my 2004 civic hybrid (I don't like automatics) gets a
theoretical 37mpg average.  I get 45mpg worst case and often as high as
55mpg.  Mainly depending on kids and air-conditioner.

--
Buni Meldware Communication Suite
http://buni.org