[TriLUG] Linux question!!!
william at trilug.org
Fri May 25 09:32:51 EDT 2007
Thoughts at a possible approach:
> launch a browser that:
> 1. can't be turned off/shut down by the user (or would automatically
> re-launch after being shut off)
- start a script from .Xsession that:
- launches the browser
- polls periodically to see if the browser is running and starts a new
instance if not
> 2. is the only application that the default user can launch
- disable all menu items except the browser (or maybe all menu items in
> 3. can't go to any URL except the security server for camera monitoring
- has the default hope page set to whatever page you want
- has the browser preferences (except for cache) owned by a different
user/group so they can't change any settings
> How would I go about configuring such a beast?
> The Linux machine will also have to connect to the network via wireless.
> Are there any USB wireless adapters that work well with Linux these days?
More information about the TriLUG