[TriLUG] The Direction of TriLUG

Magnus magnus at trilug.org
Thu May 24 15:28:13 EDT 2007

Matt Frye wrote:
> I'd like to open a discussion about the direction of TriLUG.  There's
> obviously concern that TriLUG is becoming more internalized,  and
> that's something I want to fix.  I'm sure there are many other
> concerns, but I need your help.  I recognize that there are many, many
> people who have great ideas, but don't have time to be on the SC
> proper.  In that interest, I'd like to form an advisory committee to
> bridge the gap between the SC and the membership.  Start by responding
> constructively to this thread.  We'll go from there.
>
> Let's all work together to make TriLUG better.

I'd be happy to serve in that capacity, if asked, but be ready for
spirited debate.  Just don't take it personally. ;-)  A lot was
discussed on IRC today and I think it was very productive.  Apologies to
those who might have perceived these *ahem* strong opinions as being
personal in nature (and out of frustration it might have skirted
dangerously close to that line with a few of us early on).

-Magnus (former SC member who knows how it feels to be the pin cushion)