[TriLUG] The direction of Trilug

Andrew C. Oliver acoliver at buni.org
Fri May 25 10:23:14 EDT 2007

J.C. Jones wrote:
> Thanks Magnus for all the information.
>
> you wrote -- "Did you know TriLUG has its own instant messaging server,
> too?  That's right.  It uses the Jabber protocol so there is a lot of
> flexibility in what client you can use and how you use it (limiting
> Jabber to the role of "instant messaging" sort of understates its
> capabilities)."
>
> This would be a good thing to mention at the beginning of a Trilug
> meeting,. The members that have been with Trilug for a very long time
> know of these things, but just a short mention of Jabber, IRC, the voip
> broadcast, etc --  early on would get the new members more quickly into
> the mainstream of discussion and participation.
>
> jcj

Not to be brackish but I do think that some stuff should be on the wiki
and the member should be responsible for reading it.  It would
be...inefficient to give a complete oral history of all of trilug and
its services at every meeting.  There is also a trilug mail server (but
not scheduling server haha) and Podcasts, Lunches, shell accounts.  How
do I know this?  I just read it on the front page of the wiki
(http://trilug.org/wiki/Main_Page) and right here:
(http://trilug.org/wiki/Frequently_Asked_Questions).  At the beginning
of the last meeting, I believe the wiki was mentioned.  It might be good
to have an occasional "TriLUG for members" meeting which explains how
the trilug works, the various parts/infrastructure, (more-or-less)
do-ocracy in action (just go edit the wiki), etc.

-Andy
--
Buni Meldware Communication Suite
http://buni.org