[TriLUG] What small-luglet would you like to participate in (revised)

Phillip Rhodes mindcrime at cpphacker.co.uk
Mon May 28 01:50:51 EDT 2007

Andrew C. Oliver wrote:
> My definition of a LUGlet meeting:
>
> 1. A general Chair who keeps things moving and does "stuff"
> 2. attendees >4 but <15
> 3. a table, a network, some laptops
> 4. a task rather than a topic:  setting up XYZ
> 5. general discussion
>
> What topic(s) would you like to participate in (i.e. installing xyz,
> serving xyz, how to bla bla on Linux)?

Autotools

X-Window System configuration

Something explaining the different authentication options
for Linux / Unix, the relationships between them, etc.
I'm referring specifically to things like PAM, LDAP, Kerberos, NIS+, etc..

> Where are you located?

Chapel Hill
> Would you participate in it if the location was in RTP?
> Would you participate in it if the location was in Cary?
> Would you participate in it if the location was in Durham?
> Would you participate in it if the location was in Raleigh?
> Would you participate in it if the location was in Chapel Hill?

Yes
> Do you have a suggested venue?

No.
> Would you participate in it if it were during the work day?

Probably not.
> Would you participate in it if it were during the week after work?
> Would you participate in it if it were on Saturday?
> Would you participate in it if it were on Sunday (heathens and ADDoids
> unite)?

Yes.
> Would you consider chairing it?

Sure, if I already knew this stuff.  Unfortunately, I'm not qualified at
the moment.

TTYL,

Phil

--