[TriLUG] Palm Treo 650 vs 680?

Brian Daniels bitmage at pobox.com
Wed May 30 14:54:20 EDT 2007

On Wed, May 30, 2007 at 02:44:54PM -0400, Tanner Lovelace wrote:
> Following up to the previous Treo thread, I was wondering if there's
> anyone here that can talk about their experiences and compare the
> Treo 650 to the 680.  I've been looking at the 680 but my Mom just
> offered me her 650 for a very good price.
>
> Oh, and to make this on topic, how well does it work with Linux?
> What do you use to sync it?  What are some tips and tricks?
>
> Thanks in advance!

I used a 650 for a year, but have never tried the 680.  No problems syncing to
Linux with the http://www.pilot-link.org/ Pilot-link command line tools.  This
does a full backup of the unit, which is all I wanted - I didn't try to sync it
with a local calendar/address book.

The 650 is somewhat low on memory and reset-prone.  The 680 may improve that.

I'm currently using a 700p which I'm happy with, but there are still some issues
with Bluetooth and web browsing.  There's supposed to be a firmware update this
week, which 700p users have been waiting for since the release of the device.

--Brian

--
Be it thy course to busy giddy minds
With foreign quarrels; that action, hence borne out,

Brian Daniels                  bitmage at pobox.com
      http://www.eviloverlord.net