[TriLUG] The TriLUG Discussion List
mattfrye at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 12:47:28 EDT 2007
> Allen Freeman wrote:
> > I don't mind being the fly in the ointment here. What practical use
> > does having a steering committee truly serve in the first place? What
> > identified need is being filled by having a layer of bureaucracy?
On 6/1/07, Magnus <magnus at trilug.org> wrote:
> As a 501(c)(3) the LUG is obligated to have such a committee. Check out
> the Articles of Incorporation and the Bylaws, which are on the web site.
Additionally, someone has to:
1) order pizza & get sodas
2) maintain the TriLUG servers (sys and steering)
3) take TriLUG owned stuff home (wifi, records, etc)
4) answer emails about sponsorship
5) answer emails from and/or invite potential speakers
6) make sure we still have a place to meet
7) be legally accountable for the LUG
8) setup user accounts
9) maintain membership records and issue TriLUG membership cards
The list goes on. This is volunteer work and I do it freely. This is
not meant as a flame.
More information about the TriLUG