[TriLUG] Immediate Need! Linux/Unix SysAdmin Job Opportunity

David A. Cafaro dac at trilug.org
Thu May 31 11:58:40 EDT 2007

On Thu, 2007-05-31 at 11:44 -0400, Magnus wrote:
> Andrew C. Oliver wrote:
> > Speaking for myself only, I'm not sure we should be overly hospitable to
> > job postings from out of state...  There are many good places for those..
>
> +1
>
> Even out-of-town (like Charlotte) should probably be somewhere else.
>
> This is, after all, the TRIANGLE Linux Users Group.

-1

How many people on the TriLUG list are not living locally in the
Triangle?  I'm sure there are several who joined TriLUG, got a job out
of town and moved (me being an example).  You never know when a job
posted to the list might be your dream job, even if it isn't local.

I'll admit, I've recently posted an opening for a Job located up here in
Virginia.  I got a couple of interested people from NC who asked about
it as well.  So I think it would be a bad idea to limit job posts by
geography.  As long as they are relevant to the audience (some tie to
Linux and OpenSource), I think the minimal bandwidth used is out weighed
by their potential (pay check).

Cheers,
David