[TriLUG] security goons at TigerDirect in Raleigh: "No, thanks!"

Brian Henning Brian.Henning at datadirect.com
Thu May 31 20:12:10 EDT 2007

I'd love some links (yes I'm going to research it myself, but
researching legal code is very similar to finding the proverbial needle
in a haystack, in my experience) detailing the law here.  Guitar Center
in Durham has a similar policy, and I had words with one of the Security
Goons (a cute female one, but that's beside the point), and eventually
caved because I wasn't *absolutely* sure of my rights (it'd be just my
luck for the LEO to say "Sorry, sir, but the law is actually on the
store's side since this is private property.  You'll have to come with
me.  By the way, please let me tell you about my friend Miranda" or some
such leading-to-my-arrest conversation).

I'm familiar with the Best Buy corporate story (where the guy was
illegally detained, declined to press charges in favor of writing Best
Buy Corporate a nasty letter), but was that in NC?

~Brian