[TriLUG] [WAY OT] security goons at TigerDirect in Raleigh: "No, thanks!"

Magnus magnus at trilug.org
Thu May 31 21:08:05 EDT 2007

Phillip Rhodes wrote:
> As far as the door thing, let me clarify:  I do respect their right
> to *ask* me to submit to inspection on the way out the door.

Yes, I think that would be reasonable.  What I resent is when they try
to make it seem mandatory, when they have no authority to compel you to
do so.

Of course the whole anti-shoplifting strategy they are employing here
requires them to get every receipt on the way out so by opting-out it
sort of sends them back to the drawing board to find another way to do
it without making their own customers feel like criminals on the way out.