[TriLUG] [WAY OT] security goons at TigerDirect in Raleigh: "No,

Andrew C. Oliver acoliver at buni.org
Thu May 31 21:58:16 EDT 2007

Magnus wrote:
> Andrew C. Oliver wrote:
>> Okay guys lets move this to INW or something.  Not everyone who cares
>> about Linux cares about ways to stick it to the man etc etc.
>
> I would argue that it is relevant to this group, more relevant than jobs
> in South Carolina, as it deals with a local store right here in Raleigh
> that sells a lot of computer parts to members.  (otherwise I wouldn't
> have posted it here)   It's important for people who are bothered by
> TigerDirect's poor policies to understand how they can assert themselves
> against this local retailer if they don't want to take the passive way
> out and move to another store (like there are even any good ones left
> here anyway).

You can make a specious argument that anything is on topic.  Clearly
this has nothing directly to do with Linux.  Clearly many members care
deeply about this.  I'm not arguing against their right to discuss it,
just asking that they pay the list the courtesy and move it elsewhere.
Since most of the more...activist...members of the group also appear to
be members of internetworkers, I question that this is a serious burden.

Note that I'm not questioning the original post...its the 30th or so...

-Andy
--
Buni Meldware Communication Suite
http://buni.org