[TriLUG] security goons at TigerDirect in Raleigh: "No, thanks!"

Lee elfick at mac.com
Fri Jun 1 08:46:00 EDT 2007

On May 31, 2007, at 6:17 PM, Magnus wrote:

> After doing some research I found it is perfectly legal to carry a
> pistol in plain sight on your hip in NC.  You don't need a permit.  In
> fact, any law requiring a permit would be against the state
> constitution
> (per a state supreme court decision that I don't have handy to cite at
> the moment).  I'm tired of hiding my gun under my clothes like I'm
> ashamed of it or something, and asking for permission (permit) to
> exercise a right granted in the state & federal constitutions.

Correct me if I'm wrong (I haven't read through the whole 50+ thread
yet so this might have been brought up already) but what I've heard
is that while it is legal to open carry, the police will probably
harass you (not that it is right for them to do so) and may site you
for public disturbance.
-Lee