[TriLUG] security goons at TigerDirect in Raleigh: "No, thanks!"

Lee elfick at mac.com
Fri Jun 1 08:52:25 EDT 2007

On May 31, 2007, at 7:31 PM, Kevin Flanagan wrote:

> - I find self checkout registers annoying, if I'm getting a
> discount for
> their not needing as many cashiers I'd do it, but otherwise I
> won't.  I'm
> paying for someone to ring me out.  I just go up to the "overseer"
> of the
> self checkouts if that's all that's available.  I almost always get
> comments
> back like "me too, but I can't say it, I work here"

I actually prefer self checkout for a couple of reasons... As long as
there isn't some fool that doesn't know how to use it and has a cart
full of stuff that they should have taken to the "professional"
checker it is faster for me to run through the self check (I don't
usually get more than an armload of items) than to wait in line and
I'm more likely to catch any pricing errors when I'm ringing it myself.
That being said, some places like Walmart in Durham/New Hope Commons
have taken it too far. Replacing the majority of their registers with
self checkout has actually slowed things down because it forces the
people mentioned above to use them.
-Lee