[TriLUG] Immediate Need! Linux/Unix SysAdmin Job Opportunity

Tim Jowers timjowers at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 08:56:50 EDT 2007

-1

FWIW,

   Many of the dev.s I worked with in SC who would fit in that category (3-5
years of experience) left the industry. $30-$40K a year is just not
reasonable for intelligent people. So, now SC (and probably the whole USA)
is missing those with 3-5 years of experience. The companies refused to hire
and train and, amazingly, are still doing that.  Our industry is not healthy
manpower-wise. I guess those of us with 10+ years of experience were able to
hang in there and really had no other comparable skill options (but such
people were leaving rapidly from my employing consultancy in San Francisco
for non-tech jobs).

My $,02,
Tim