[TriLUG] Trilug is a community

Shawn William Taylor STaylor at torexretailna.com
Fri Jun 1 09:04:50 EDT 2007

As an observation, there seems to be generally accepted circles within the
community, "certain people can and certain people can't" sorts of double
standards exist around how long something like this will be tolerated
based on the majority of people involved in the discussion. I can't speak
to it, since I am not 'Officially' a Trilug member. (I believe, if you
paid something to join this group, you should have more clout than someone
like me who has not paid to join).

However, for folks who get frustrated with the volume of mail, you may
consider changing your subscription to the digest (Once Daily) or try
creating some mail rules to filter the mail and then check the folder
periodically, deleting all at once the 'junk' you don't want to read and
reading the threads you find valuable.

<PersonalOpinion>
While I think libertarianism is funny, I still respect everyone's right to
have their own opinion. After all, is not the right to dissent one of the
pillars of a democracy?
</PersonalOpinion>

Shawn

Jon Wrote:

Trilug is a community. It has a technical focus, but it's roots are
others reaching out and connecting with others... helping others.
Communication is the life blood of a healthy growing community. The
community has seen a lot of friendships form within its virtual
boundaries. And the habit of communicating via the main list has keep
folks connected to TriLUG - even when their focus is no longer Linux or
even technology.

All I'm saying is: Lets not forget the community aspect of TriLUG. Even
though the OT discussions have raised the S/N ratio to a very high level
- it is a good problem to have. It shows the strength of our bond to
TriLUG.

Jon