[TriLUG] ubuntu 7.04 desktop - caps lock key not working

Mike Norwood norwoodm at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 1 09:34:38 EDT 2007

Hello,

I have recently loaded a machine with Ubuntu 7.04 desktop edition and like
quite a lot about it, however the caps lock key does not appear to work on
the console tty1 through tty6 screens.  It does actually light up when I
push it, and the light goes off when I push it again, but it does not
work.  To make letters capital I have to push the shift key.  It does work
in a terminal window from the graphical desktop.  I found a few messages
about this in googling around, but no clear solution.  Has anyone seen
this before, and especially does anyone know how to fix it?

Thanks in advance. Mike Norwood