[TriLUG] The TriLUG Discussion List

Magnus magnus at trilug.org
Fri Jun 1 12:33:11 EDT 2007

Matt Frye wrote:
> This is probably a point we should work out.  Our charter covers all
> of NC, but we're the Triangle LUG.  Technically, job postings for
> Charlotte should go to their LUG, etc.  I'm willing to hear more
> debate on that notion, or against it.
>
> What do other members think?

While I'd prefer to see jobs only within commuting distance of the
Triangle (perhaps including locations as far as Greensboro to the west,
Greenville to the east, etc) I don't think I'd be too terribly upset if
we made the distance less ambiguous and just said "within the borders of
NC".  Readdress this rule if it is abused by headhunters frequently
pimping Charlotte jobs here.

But out of state job listings really have no place here.  Members who
live out-of-state (a demographic I can certainly relate to, having been
a TriLUG member in PA for 3 years) have their own local and state
resources for finding jobs.  If out of state job listings are welcomed,
that opens trilug@ as a legit dumping ground for recruiters from all
over the country or even around the world that happen to mention "Linux"
in a job req.