[TriLUG] The TriLUG Discussion List

Phillip Rhodes mindcrime at cpphacker.co.uk
Fri Jun 1 12:43:18 EDT 2007

Matt Frye wrote:

> My experience tells me that if you are interested in relocating, or
> you're waiting for your "dream job," it's up to you to be proactive
> and go look for that job.

No doubt, and you all know how I feel about personal responsibility.
But still, when it comes to job postings, I don't agree with requiring
the job itself be located in NC.. my feeling is that if the job
is of interest to Tri-LUG members in the Triangle, it's on topic.

For instance, if one of our Tri-LUG friends at Google were to
send a message to the list saying Google had some positions
of interest in CA, is that bad?  Knowing that Google is one
of "those companies" that a lot of geeks want (or think they want)
to work for?

Similarly if RH had openings, but they were in Boston instead of
Raleigh, would we really want to prohibit a posting like that?

I just think the criteria should mainly be about the job and
not the location.  But that's just my $00.02 worth.

TTYL,

Phil

--
http://www.linkedin.com/in/philliprhodes