[TriLUG] The TriLUG Discussion List

Lance A. Brown lance at bearcircle.net
Fri Jun 1 13:37:08 EDT 2007

Matt Frye wrote:
>>I think Tri-LUG'ers who reside in the Triangle may be interested in relocating, either
>>because they're unemployed or just because they're waiting for their "dream job."
>
> My experience tells me that if you are interested in relocating, or
> you're waiting for your "dream job," it's up to you to be proactive
> and go look for that job.

I got my current job because someone posted it on the trilug list.  I
wasn't looking for a job at the time, but when I saw it, I jumped on it
because it was close a "dream job" for me.  Now, my case isn't directly
on target here because both my old job and new job are here in the
triangle, but I can easily see where someone else might stumble across
their dream job on the list, because I did.

I've no problem with linux-related job postings on the list.  Most of
them are going to be for our area anyway and perhaps the geographically
distant postings may benefit a trilug member, as the posting for my job
did me.

--[Lance]

--
 Celebrate The Circle   http://www.celebratethecircle.org/