[TriLUG] F7 First Impressions?

Matt Pusateri mpusateri at wickedtrails.com
Fri Jun 1 13:45:42 EDT 2007

I've had test2 and test3 running on a box for awhile.  It seems more
windows like than fc6.  Fast user switching was enabled, UI seems ok.  a
lot of what seems to have changed was their behind the scenes
infrastructure such as builds, etc.  Plus merging to one repo.  Since
this was a test box, not everything worked as well, such as wireless
support.  But compiz worked out of the box.  My HD is my work laptop
died and I replaced fc6 with ubuntu on it.  I think FC7 or F7 is okay,
but ubuntu seemed to have slightly better laptop support.  I'll try to
upgrade the test box to the final release and see if any of the issues I
had go away.

Matt P.