[TriLUG] Interview Ideas

Chess Griffin chess at chessgriffin.com
Mon Jun 4 10:15:17 EDT 2007

Hello folks,

For the past 15 months or so, I've been doing a fairly popular Linux
podcast called "Linux Reality" which is generally aimed at the new Linux
user.  Some listeners have created and maintained a wikipedia article
with some info on the podcast:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linux_Reality

Anyway, I am starting to get geared up for doing some recorded
interviews for the show, and would like to interview folks who can shed
light on some of the great things that Linux can do.  I am looking for
"real life" stories of how Linux is used in the school, in the large or
small business, or in the home -- stories that non-Linux users can
listen to and get ideas on how they might be able to incorporate Linux
into their computing lives.  I also would like to interview developers,
folks with start-ups, or anyone with an interesting Linux-related story
to tell.  :-)

For example, one interview I have lined up is with a fellow who is going
to discuss how Ubuntu has been brought into a particular school system,
and talk about the pluses, the minuses, the challenges etc.  Another one
is with a fellow with a mid-size company who will talk about how
switching from all Windows servers to a mix of Windows and Linux has
saved them money and made things easier to manage.  It is my hope that
these stories will be interesting to Linux and non-Linux users alike as
 a way to demonstrate the power and flexibility of free and open source
software.

I anticipate each interview being somewhere between 15-30 minutes, and
since I am local to Raleigh, I can either meet in person to do the
interview, or can schedule a time during the evening or weekend when I
can call and record the conversation over Gizmo.

Please let me know if you are interested in being interviewed or if you
know someone who would make a good interview subject.  Feel free to
contact me on or off list with your ideas and suggestions.

Thanks for your consideration.

Regards,
Chess
--