[TriLUG] Why is Ubuntu so increasingly dominant

Sean Myers smyers at americanri.com
Mon Jun 4 14:20:30 EDT 2007

Simplicity truly is key. It's surprisingly easy to graft custom packages
onto the existing "official ones", so turning a box from a shiny hunk of
silicon and steel into a fully function member of my Single Sign-On
(Kerb/LDAP) environment is as easy as installing the Dapper LTS Server,
then apt-get install ari-server-sso.

It'll even easier with the Xen DomUs when we throw in the xen-tools
hooks ^^.

Regarding the Feisty/ATI issues, have they put the ATI drivers that
actually work with 2.6.20 into the Apt repos yet? I'm still working on a
homegrown module.

--
Sean Myers
System Administrator