[TriLUG] Questions for our GPLv3 Speaker Re: Xandros joins the MS patent gang.

Andrew C. Oliver acoliver at buni.org
Mon Jun 4 15:01:51 EDT 2007

Since our topic for next week is pretty what I'd call "heady", I asked
folks in IRC today to think up a list of good questions to ask.  What do
you specifically hope to learn from our GPLv3 talk.

"
How about the collision space between the new GPLv3 and OpenBSD licensing?

I'd like to hear informed opinions of how GPLv3 will affect the
Novell/Microsoft deal, and also what it means to TiVo?

What are the implications if we have the Linux kernel fixed at GPLv2
(w/o upgrade provision as Linus has threatened) and other software under
a combined work as GPLv3?
"

What would you guys and gals like to know about GPLv3?

-andy

--
Buni Meldware Communication Suite
http://buni.org