[TriLUG] LCD Display Problem

Warren Weber wrweber at hufta.net
Mon Jun 4 15:23:42 EDT 2007

Only Linux-related in that it may impact my use of my Linux system ...  :-)

My daughter's HP f1503 LCD monitor suddenly went very dim (not blank).  A quick
Google search suggested that the LCD backlight may have died.  It also suggests
that it is rather expensive to replace.  What is your experience with replacing the
backlight?  Or is it cheaper/easier to just buy a new monitor?

Help!  My daughter is looking longingly at my LCD monitor!

Warren

--

I know there’s money in horses. I put it there!

Warren Weber
wrweber at hufta.net
http://www.hufta.net