[TriLUG] Perl and SMP

Len Boyle Len.Boyle at sas.com
Mon Jun 4 18:16:47 EDT 2007

Andy

If I understand your question correctly, you could use multiple sessions. Of couse unless they depend on sharing memory the sessions could be on different machines.

A while ago I installed Oracle on an Mainframe IBM VM system. The Oracle system used a set of different userids for what might be different process on an *nix system. The Oracle system did use shared memory.

I have seen apps that might use a set of userids to act as a pools for worker tasks.

Maybe Grids? MPI?

len