[TriLUG] Why is Ubuntu so increasingly dominant

Tommy Williams talen.quickblade at gmail.com
Mon Jun 4 21:42:03 EDT 2007

Andrew,
     I cant claim any new reasons that have not already been
mentioned.  I have the opportunity to use linux in my work
environment, but there is not any official support for the distro from
our IT department. I started with several distros, and after
installing and testing them all on my laptop hardware I found that
Ubuntu is simple to manage and lots of stuff just works. The
installation was 99% painless (I had a backache at the time).
     The over all ease of management is the biggest seller.  I want to
use linux at work, but don't always have the free time to spend
chasing down all the places that changes are necessary. The GUI at
times is the fastest way for me to fix items or tweak a setting in a
fast-ish manner.

--Tommy