[TriLUG] writing about a OSS project you had nothing to do with

Matt Frye mattfrye at gmail.com
Tue Jun 5 23:14:00 EDT 2007

On 6/5/07, Joseph Mack NA3T <jmack at wm7d.net> wrote:
> On Tue, 5 Jun 2007, Matt Frye wrote:
> > Your editor can provide you with many more tidbits.
> I'm glad there are some useful editors out there....

If you're working on a technical project with an editor who doesn't
understand technology (at least in some cursory way) or who doesn't
have some experience editing technology books, you need to consider
another publisher.

On 6/5/07, Steve Litt <slitt at troubleshooters.com> wrote:
> I agree with Matt Frye's three points, although personally I don't know how
> necessary it is to donate.

I agree.  That's why I said it would be "nice."  If you're writing
about a nascent or marginal technology, or about a project that
doesn't need the money, then keep it.  &deity knows writers don't make
much money.