[TriLUG] Ubuntu 7.04 with fglrx driver

Matt Bidwell bidwell at dead-city.org
Wed Jun 6 10:32:52 EDT 2007

Lee wrote:
> I'm trying to upgrade from a working 6.10 to 7.04. I can get xorg to
> work with the radeon driver but I'm having no luck with the fglrx
> driver. Google doesn't seem to be particular helpful today. Would
> anyone that has gotten this combination working be willing to share
> the secret?
> TIA,
> Lee
I assume you are using the ./ati-driver-installer-8.37.6-x86.x86_64.run?
Assuming you've edited xorg to include the driver, I can think of
two common pitfalls.  First one, make sure the driver was put in
the proper place.  It common problem that it puts it in
/usr/X11R6/lib/modules/drivers/ instead of
/usr/lib/xorg/modules/drivers.  Second, after running the installer
package, I would reboot.  That way you know it's unloading all
old drivers.

Matt