[TriLUG] writing about a OSS project you had nothing to do with

Tanner Lovelace clubjuggler at gmail.com
Wed Jun 6 10:43:57 EDT 2007

On 6/6/07, Greg Brown <gwbrown1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> So, Tanner, do you prefer the Vulcan statute holding the spear or the
> red/green traffic torch?

Definitely the red/green traffic torch. That's what it was when I grew
up there.

> Did you know that "Alabama" could taken from the Turkish saying "Allah
> Bamya" (God's graveyard)?  Or that it could have been taken from old world
> arabic "Allah Bamviah" meaning "Place no other editor before vi?"

Or, it could be taken from southern english to mean "Heart of Dixie". :-)
Of course, Emacs itself can also stand for Every Man in Alabama Can
Sing, so there's a long history there too. :-)  (Ok, so I'm reaching here. :-P)

Cheers,
Tanner
--
Tanner Lovelace