[TriLUG] Ubuntu 7.04 with fglrx driver

Brian McCullough bdmc at bdmcc-us.com
Wed Jun 6 13:18:08 EDT 2007

On Wed, Jun 06, 2007 at 12:53:12PM -0400, Lee wrote:
> On Jun 6, 2007, at 11:05 AM, Matt Bidwell wrote:
>
> Well, no luck with that either. Same error.
> I may just try a clean install as I'm running out of other ideas.

Lee,

You might try the instructions that I found here:

http://leancalper.wordpress.com/2007/04/22/instalacion-ubuntu-feisty-704-en-dell+-inspiron-6400e1505-ati-x1400-wifi/

Although they describe a Dell Inspiron as the platform, they do describe
how to install the fglrx driver and modify the xorg.conf file.  I used
these instructions yesterday successfully.  ( You can ignore the things
about the Dell wireless card, obviously. )

Brian