[TriLUG] OT: early computer program that played the role of a psychologist

Craig Taylor ctalkobt at gmail.com
Thu Jun 7 11:17:47 EDT 2007

Speaking of AI, ... Something you may also be interested in...

There was also a program that achieved a better degree of success in the
Turing Test that mimicked an individual with a personality problem
(psychotic, etc). Where most people could quickly tell Eliza was a fake,
most shrinks had a more difficult time differentiating between the computer
and the program (not sure if this says something about shrinks or the
program.. ).

Google should turn it up - if not I can possibly find the name of the
program and a book reference for you when I get home...