[TriLUG] OT: early computer program that played the role of a psychologist

William Sutton william at trilug.org
Thu Jun 7 11:22:33 EDT 2007

Parry:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PARRY

According to my AI professor, some AI researchers decided to see if Eliza
(psychoanalyst) could help Parry (paranoid schizophrenic).  The result was
that the two programs, while they would appear to be semi-human to a
human, made absolutely no sense in the context of talking to each other.

--
William Sutton