[TriLUG] Record Phone Interviews? Anyone done this?

Chess Griffin chess at chessgriffin.com
Tue Jun 5 09:25:08 EDT 2007

Carl Crider wrote:
>  Hey all,
>
>  I need a way to record phone interviews. Has anyone
> done this recently? I'm doing more research of course,
> just thought I'd tap my local resource.
>
> details:
> -The calls will be made from my home phone [VOIP].
> -They don't have to be super-clean audio, just clear enough so
> that they can be transcribed.
>

> Thanks,
>
> Carl

Gizmo has built-in free recording and uses the regular open SIP network
unlike Skype which, IIRC, uses some sort of proprietary network
protocol.  You would need to buy call-out minutes (1000 minutes for $10
I think) but otherwise it might work out for you.  I am using Gizmo for
my podcast interviews and it works pretty well.  I am pretty sure you
can hook up your own SIP phone or use a software phone like Ekiga if you
don't want to use their native Linux client.

Chess

--
Chess Griffin
GPG Key:  0x0C7558C3