[TriLUG] OT: TIME WARNER ANNOUNCES INTRODUCTION OF PACKET SHAPING TECHNOLOGY NATIONWIDE

Glenn Starling GJStarling at charter.net
Mon Jun 11 15:04:41 EDT 2007

This should be considered a federal marketing issue as this is true of
many cable systems throughout the US.  I suggest lodging a complaint
with the Federal Trade Commission, with a copy sent to the FCC and the
cable company.  Please stress that this "trend" is catching on with many
cable companies trying to save a buck all across the US.  You might even
try a Senator or Congressman with the suggestion that they look into
setting Federal standards.  (No one wants that and it probably wouldn't
get very far, but it would certainly get the attention of the cable
industry.)  Who knows, EVERY internet user in the US might ultimately
benefit!

-- Glenn