[TriLUG] OT: TIME WARNER ANNOUNCES INTRODUCTION OF PACKET SHAPING TECHNOLOGY NATIONWIDE

Ed Hill ed at eh3.com
Mon Jun 11 17:45:37 EDT 2007

On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 14:42:50 -0400 (EDT) William Sutton wrote:

> I've had Comcast in Alabama and Virginia for 3-4 years now.  I had
> TWC for 3-4 years in NC.  On the whole TWC impressed me as more
> clueful and servicable.  Examples of Comcast's cluelessness:

[...snip...]

> I HATE Comcast.  I wish I had a viable alternative.  And to think
> that I see commercials telling me how much of an innovater the cable
> industry is.

Yes!  We had the same experience with Comcast.  The Windows-only setup
was junk--especially as we moved from one location to another and had
to re-setup each time.

When FIOS came to our neighborhood I called Comcast and asked if they
would match the FIOS terms and save us the hassle of switching over.
The salesperson told us our suggestion was a non-starter and we should
either take it (their rates and terms of service) or leave it.  So, we
left.

When we returned our cable equipment to the local office they begged
us not to leave and offered to match or beat any competitor.  We
laughed and explained how they already had their chance and blew it.

Good riddance!  FIOS is much nicer from both a networking speed and a
TV-User-Interface point of view.

Ed

--
Edward H. Hill III, PhD  |  ed at eh3.com  |  http://eh3.com/