[TriLUG] OT: TIME WARNER ANNOUNCES INTRODUCTION OF PACKET SHAPING TECHNOLOGY NATIONWIDE

Warren Myers volcimaster at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 18:08:09 EDT 2007

you should note, though, verizon'll probably make you sign up for their
landline service to get FIOS

On 6/11/07, William Sutton <william at trilug.org> wrote:

> Interesting.  I'll keep that in mind should I ever have a chance to use
> FIOS.
>
> --
> William Sutton
>

> On Mon, 11 Jun 2007, Ed Hill wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 11 Jun 2007 14:42:50 -0400 (EDT) William Sutton wrote:
> >
> > > I've had Comcast in Alabama and Virginia for 3-4 years now.  I had
> > > TWC for 3-4 years in NC.  On the whole TWC impressed me as more
> > > clueful and servicable.  Examples of Comcast's cluelessness:
> >
> > [...snip...]
> >
> > > I HATE Comcast.  I wish I had a viable alternative.  And to think
> > > that I see commercials telling me how much of an innovater the cable
> > > industry is.
> >

> > Yes!  We had the same experience with Comcast.  The Windows-only setup
> > was junk--especially as we moved from one location to another and had
> > to re-setup each time.
> >
> > When FIOS came to our neighborhood I called Comcast and asked if they
> > would match the FIOS terms and save us the hassle of switching over.
> > The salesperson told us our suggestion was a non-starter and we should
> > either take it (their rates and terms of service) or leave it.  So, we
> > left.
> >
> > When we returned our cable equipment to the local office they begged
> > us not to leave and offered to match or beat any competitor.  We
> > laughed and explained how they already had their chance and blew it.
> >
> > Good riddance!  FIOS is much nicer from both a networking speed and a
> > TV-User-Interface point of view.
> >
> > Ed

http://warrenmyers.com
"God may not play dice with the universe, but something strange is going on
with the prime numbers." --Paul Erdős
"It's not possible. We are the type of people who have everything in our
favor going against us." --Ben Jarhvi, Short Circuit 2