[TriLUG] Crontab

Tanner Lovelace clubjuggler at gmail.com
Mon Jun 11 21:41:30 EDT 2007

To edit the root crontab, you'll need to actually be
root.  Have you tried "sudo crontab -u root -e"?

And, what happens if ntpdate sets the time back and
the command gets run again?  I'd *highly* suggest
using ntpd instead of ntpdate in cron.  You can set
the correct servers in its config file.

Cheers,
Tanner